Tuesday 9 February 2016

Rheingau, Riesling, G.H. von Mumm, Trocken 2014

Yet another Rheingau wine, this one also is too sour and bitter for my taste.







Grape Type: Riesling
Sub-Type: Classic
Harvest Year: 2014
Vinyard: NA
Region: Rheingau
Flavor classification: Trocken
Quality classification: VDP. Gutswein
Vintner: G.H. von Mumm'sches Weingut KG
         D-65366 Johannisberg/Rheingau
Price: €7,99

Appraisal:

Another wine that I can not drink. To sour and bitter for my taste. Might be good with asian food, Turkey, or fish. At least the flavor does not stay on the palette too long. I was expecting more from a VDP wine, at least the lemony flavor is more subtle than in the other that I tried previous to this one.


Color: Pale
Aroma: light and fruity
Taste: tart, bitter
Style: supposed to be classic

My evaluation:

Nose(1-5):        3
Flavor(1-25):     12
Character(1-10):  2
Balance(1-5):     3
Length(1-5):      4
Total(Total+50):  74

No comments:

Post a Comment