Wednesday 10 February 2016

Bordeaux, Sauternes, Chateau Suduiraut, Sweet 2007

I was very excited to find this white wine. It has an Orange color denoting that the wine is fermented with the skins on, rather rare with white wines.







Grape Type: Sauternes
Sub-Type: NA
Harvest Year: 2007
Vinyard: Chateau Suduiraut
Region: Bordeaux
Flavor classification: Sweet
Quality classification: AOC Sauternes
Vintner: Chateau Suduiraut
              F-33210 Preignac, France
Price: €14,99

Appraisal:

I am absolutely not dissapointed with this wine. Love at first sniff, then I tasted it ... WOW!!! I am so glad that I bought this one. Worth every last Euro-cent. This is almost a dessert wine. Would go well with chocolate, dancing, and swiming in the pool naked. I was a little worried when I pulled the cork and it was a little fragile on the wet end and smelled a little funny.  After airing the cork is fine.




Really a wine fit for kings!

Color: Orange
Aroma: Orange, Pineapple, Papaya, almost like brandy
Taste: Orange, peach, honey, oak, wow! slight cinamon after effect
Style: Elegant

My evaluation:

Nose(1-5):           4
Flavor(1-25):       22
Character(1-10):  8
Balance(1-5):       4
Length(1-5):        4
Total(Total+50):  92

2 comments: